On behalf of the C800 Board of Directors, thank you for your support of the Clackamas County Emergency Radio Replacement Bond on the May 17, 2016 ballot. It passed with slightly more than 71% of voters saying yes to a safer and more reliable emergency radio system.
As you may have heard, much of the current system is 20 years old and the signal is so weak it often cuts out for first responders inside buildings. This will now change.
Nearly two dozen first responder agencies use this radio system, and will benefit from significant changes:
- 14 additional tower sites will be added, to boost signal strength to new areas of the county and into buildings
- More reliable performance as radios switch from analog to digital
- Portable at the the hip coverage for our first responders
- Seismic upgrades on existing towers so they are more likely to survive our next major quake
- Application to allow SMART phone access to the system
These are just a few of the changes ahead because the bond passed.
And all of this will be monitored by a citizen oversight committee so you can be sure that money is carefully spent, in the ways it was meant to be spent.
Thank you again for your support.
C800 Radio Group